Most Washington residents have experienced the agony of being caught outside in the wind and the rain with a skimpy coat or no coat at all. The chill and the rain usually leaves you feeling cold and miserable. Attic insulation is like a nice coat for our home, helping to regulate temperatures inside and block the transfer of energy outside. If the insulation is old, thin, or flat, it cannot properly do its job.
At Clean Crawls, we provide attic insulation services for homeowners throughout Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, Everett, Redmond, and Renton. After selecting a suitable insulation for your attic, our team can efficiently and carefully help you install new insulation.
Purpose of Insulation
Insulation serves a number of great purposes beyond just regulating the temperatures in your home. When coupled with a thorough attic air sealing, many homeowners have also enjoyed reduced heating and cooling expenses as a result of their insulation’s ability to sustain comfortable temperatures. Other benefits to attic insulation and attic sealing include:
- Reduce moisture and condensation.
- Eliminate mold and mildew in attic.
- Prevent premature roof deterioration and expensive replacement.
- Reduce noise levels.
- Avoid ice buildup and icicle formation that damages structure.
- Reduce carbon footprint with less heating and cooling.
If your attic insulation is insufficient or old, you can contact your local insulation company about getting it restored or replaced. Once the job is finished, you and your family can enjoy the incredible benefits associated with powerful attic insulation.
Dangers of Insufficient Insulation
Many people think that, because they have some insulation in their attic, they should be enjoying these great benefits. In reality, the type and amount of insulation in your attic is what determines how effective it is at sealing and regulating the energy in your home.
Insulation functions by trapping air in billions of tiny pockets. If these pockets become flattened or full of water and dirt, it is no longer equipped to be effective at insulating your home. Pests enjoy shredding and destroying insulation, which also makes it incapable of insulating properly. Without proper insulation, all the benefits listed above become problems that you must address.
By replacing or restoring your attic insulation, you can equip your home with the tools it needs to fight the winter cold and block the summer heat. Our team at Clean Crawls can inspect your attic insulation and help you choose an affordable and effective solution.
Choosing an Insulation
There are different types of insulation on the market today. When choosing a type of insulation, the one common denominator that determines insulation’s value is its R-value. The term R-value stands for resistance, the insulation’s ability to resist the transfer of energy. Insulations with a high R-value are going to be the insulations that serve your home the best.
Here are the most common types of insulation used in Washington homes today:
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass insulation can be found in long rolls called batts or shredded into tiny pieces and used as blown-in insulation. This insulation is comprised of billions of tiny glass fibers that trap air and slow the transfer of heat. Fiberglass insulation has an R-value of 2.2 – 3.8 per inch, depending on whether it is in batt or blown-in form.
- Cellulose: Cellulose insulation is made from recycled paper mixed with a fire-retardant chemical. This unique material normally comes in large blocks used to make blown-in insulation. Cellulose has an R-value of about 3.1 – 3.8 per inch and is about the same price as fiberglass insulation.
- Spray Foam Insulation: Spray foam insulation is one of the most powerful insulators on the market today. With an R-value of over 5.6 per inch, spray foam insulation is capable of benefiting your home in more ways that just insulating. This recently developed and impressive insulation is certainly in high demand.
- All the Above: Some of the best solutions for attic insulation is to combine several different kinds of insulation. Our on-site representatives can talk with you about the best insulation options for your attic.
Contact Clean Crawls
At Clean Crawls, our team has years of experience in assisting homeowners with their attic insulation. Our education and experience make us fully qualified to help you find and install the attic insulation that meets the needs of your home and family. For more information about attic insulation or our installation services, contact us today by giving us a call at (866)-610-0098 or by filling out our contact form.