Most homeowners assume that their attics are empty, aside from some seasonal boxes and insulation. In reality, the attic is a very active place, home to a number of materials and occasionally some unwelcomed critters.
At Clean Crawls, we provide professional attic cleaning services throughout Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, Renton, Tacoma, and Redmond. Our teams are trained to efficiently and thoroughly remove debris, eliminate moisture, seal holes, and take out insulation, leaving your attic clear and clean.
Common Attic Contents
Many homeowners are shocked at the substances and materials that are hidden in their attics. Some of these problems include:
- Holes: Attics contain numerous cracks, holes, and gaps that allow air, bugs, pests, and water to damage the interior.
- Pests: Remnants of past or present pest infestations are often found strewn throughout the attic. These areas can contain pest droppings, garbage, and carcasses.
- Debris: Impressive amounts of dust and garbage can collect in the attic overtime due to infestations, neglect, or air circulation.
- Water: Standing water, condensation, and high humidity levels are all common in Washington attics. These conditions encourage mold growth, pest infestations, wood rot, and damage the insulation.
- Mold: Water that gains access to your attic can encourage mold and midlew growth on the walls, in the wood, in the insulation, and in your belongings. Untreated mildew growth can cause permanent damage to your attic.
- Odors: Odors in the attic can be caused by mold and mildew growth, or unaddressed pest infestations. These unpleasant aromas filter down into your home and make the air painful to live and breathe in.
- Insulation: Most houses have minimal amounts of insulation in the attic. When exposed to pests, water, and mold, this insulation can quickly become flat, mangled, and incapable of truly insulating your home.
Why Clean the Attic?
For homeowners that do not use their attic, cleaning it out can seem like a waste of time and money. In reality, however, a thorough attic cleaning can benefit your home in several practical ways.
1. Air Quality
Air travels throughout your home in a motion known as the stack effect. Because the air in your living spaces circulates through your attic and crawl space, the conditions of these unfrequented areas have a tremendous impact on the air you breathe every day. If mold, pests, droppings, and garbage are in your attic, then you will likely be exposed to these materials in the air that you breathe.
2. Home Integrity
By leaving the attic untended, its contents can begin to affect the rest of the home. Moisture in the attic causes wood rot that damages the walls, ceiling, supports, and beams. Pests that are allowed to live in your attic can destroy insulation, electrical wiring, ductwork, walls, and more. All these damages can diminish the market value of your home.
3. Energy Efficiency
The attic is one of the most important parts of the home to have properly insulated. If holes and cracks are left unsealed, energy that you’ve paid for will be allowed to escape through these gaps. These openings can also allow water and moisture into the attic, which diminishes how effective insulation is at retaining energy. Your home and wallet can suffer dramatically from an untended attic.
Attic Cleaning Services
At Clean Crawls, we provide professional attic cleaning services to families throughout Seattle, Everett, Bellevue, Redmond, Tacoma, and Renton. We use specialized equipment to perform the following treatments on your attic:
- Clean up any mess in your attic, including standing water, debris, pest remains, and more.
- Remove damaged or inefficient insulation.
- Treat odor and mold problems: we use highly effective non-toxic enzyme products to eliminate odors from rodent infestations, mold, mildew, and more.
- Air sealing treatments, if desired.
- Pest control procedures, if desired.
How Do I Know if I Need Attic Cleaning Services?
There are a number of signs that indicate if your attic is in need of some attention. Some of these signs include:
- Strange odors from the attic.
- Droplets or moisture spots on the ceiling.
- Pests in the attic.
- High energy bills.
- Insulation that is flat, moldy, shredded, or dirty.
- Mold and mildew growth.
- Wood rot.
You can ensure the health and safety of your home by having your attic professionally cleaned and treated. Our attic cleaning team here at Clean Crawls would be glad to provide you with the services you need to fully clean your attic. For more information, contact us today by giving us a call at (866)-610-0098 or by filling out our contact form.